New York Cash Mobs
New York's economy has lost hundreds of thousands of jobs since 2008, which many consider the epicenter of the financial meltdown. The mortgage crisis started on Wall Street and spread a ripple effect across the entire country.
Unfortunately, everyone from Wall Street executives to factory workers has felt the impact of the economic downturn with jobs and savings threatened; however, the state as a whole has seen positive economic growth since 2010 in most areas. In addition to rising incomes and the lowering of unemployment, the state has seen a substantial increase in the number of small businesses. More and more New Yorkers are taking control of their financial future by working for themselves.
While most of the state is witnessing a splendid recovery, the area around Rochester is still recovering from the bankruptcy of Eastman Kodak. At one time the largest employer in the area, Eastman has closed its manufacturing plants causing unemployment to skyrocket in the Rochester area and the entire state's unemployment rate to rise modestly.
Learn how New York was impacted from the financial meltdown and how the increase of small businesses in the area has helped the economy.
- Posted: October 28, 20130 comments
Date 11/23/2013 Time 11:00 AM Place TBA Share: Share on Twitter About This Cash Mob: We will be meeting at the corner of Washington and Main Street in Cambridge at Round HouseRead Full Post
- Posted: July 08, 20130 comments
Date 07/20/2013 Time 1:00 PM Place Kirby's Share: Share on Twitter About This Cash Mob: Go to Kirby's on 7/20 from 1-3 p.m., pay just $10.00 and get a fantastic sampling ofRead Full Post
- Posted: March 17, 20130 comments
Date 03/24/2013 Time 01:30 PM Place Kobacker's Market Share: Share on Twitter About This Cash Mob: Please join us for our 3rd Monthly Cash Mob event on Sunday, March 24th atRead Full Post
- Posted: March 05, 20130 comments
Date 03/22/2013 Time 6:00 PM Place Hattie's Restaurant Share: Share on Twitter About This Cash Mob: Hattie’s Restaurant in Saratoga Springs, NY is set to get cash mobbed onRead Full Post
- Posted: February 14, 20130 comments
Date 02/24/2013 Time 01:30 PM Place Johnny Gelato Share: Share on Twitter About This Cash Mob: Please join us for our 2nd Monthly Cash Mob event on Sunday, February 24th atRead Full Post
Featured Blog Posts
- Cambridge, New York Cash Mobs Local Business
- Yorktown Heights, New York Cash Mobs Kirby's
- Brewster, New York Cash Mobs Kobacker's Market
- Saratoga Springs, New York Cash Mobs Hattie's Restaurant
- Kent, New York Cash Mobs Johnny Gelato
- Horseheads, New York Cash Mobs Party Time
- Buffalo, New York Cash Mobs Pandora's Sports Bar & Restaurant
- Mahopac, New York Cash Mobs Local Business